|This Alexander McQueen De Manta Tote is one of my all time favorite purchases. It's huge!|
As I mentioned in Friday's post, autumn has arrived. One of my favorite things to do when the seasons change is to switch out my handbag. This seems like the perfect time to write a "What's in My Bag?" post.
Shireen actually gave me the idea for this post, when I commented on her "What's in My Bag?" post and joked that if I wrote one, it would be more aptly named "What's NOT in My Bag?". She said she'd love to read that post, so here it is!
|As you can see, it's a disorganized jumble, but I love it anyway!|
What's in the Bag?
I try to keep my beauty items corralled in their own little bag, otherwise they disappear and I don't see them again until the next time I change out my handbags.
- Caudalie Hand Cream--very hydrating, not greasy
- Burberry Brit Sheer--has a very light, feminine, crisp scent
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre--I received this in a subscription box last year. I never would have chosen it for myself, but I love it as a fall scent.
- Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment--This balm by Fresh is very hydrating with a pretty hint of color. SPF 15 is great bonus.
- eos lipbalm--an inexpensive product that is fabulous!
- Ana Sui butterfly mirror--I have been carrying this for 10 years!
- Tokyo Milk Marie Cherie cosmetic bag
- Phone--I had no sooner purchased this iPhone 5s, than it was announced that the iPhone 6 will be released soon. So typical of my luck! I do love it though, so I will just try to ignore all the fabulous things that will be said about the iPhone 6, until I'm eligible for an upgrade.
- Keys--Not much interesting there, except for my Julie West Skeleanimals key chain. I collect designer art toys, and Julie West is one of my favorite artists.
- Burberry wallet--This was such a great investment piece. I've had it for about 4 years and it still looks brand new. It's big enough to hold my cards, cash, & change, but small enough it doesn't take up a lot of real estate in my bag.
- Case XX pocket knife--This scrimshaw style knife was designed by Linda Karst. It's such a handy thing to carry. Plus, I'm a Pisces.
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses--I have quite a collection of sunglasses. I used to change them with every outfit, but for the past couple of years, my Ray-Ban Aviators and Ray-Ban Wayfarers have been my favorites. They look great with everything.
- Notebook--I love this little literary notebook by Out of Print. Moby Dick is one of my favorite books. I always carry at least one notebook, as I'm constantly jotting down ideas and making lists.
Because people in my family turn into raging lunatics when they're hungry, I always carry snacks. When I say "people", I mostly mean me.
- Handsanitizing wipes--Because I'm germaphobic.
- Organic baby snacks--Baby loves everything by Plum Organics.
- Organic protein bars--Protein is the best way to prevent becoming "hangry".
I try to avoid carrying a diaper bag at all costs, so I usually stuff some essentials into my handbag. However, I won't show all the boring stuff, like diapers, wipes, ointment, etc.
- Hand made hat--It's chilly in the mornings and evenings and because babies loss a lot heat through their heads, a warm hat is a must.
- Sterling Silver rattle--Baby has inherited my fascination with shiny things. He loves this little rattle.
- Organic teething ring--from Burt's Bees. I love that it's made from cornstarch, not plastic.
- Sophie the Giraffe--made from natural rubber
- Organic burp cloth--a great multi-purpose item for cleaning up spills & spit up. Can also be used to block the sun or as a little blanket.
So, that's the abbreviated version of the contents of my handbag. What bag will you be carrying this season?
If you've written a "What's in My Bag?" post, please leave the link in the comments. I'd love to read it!